Dental Implants in Davidson
At Dastrup Dental, we take a comprehensive approach in helping our patients prevent the common dental conditions that cause tooth loss. If the tooth can no longer be saved, we recommend teeth replacement treatments such as dental implants to permanently replace the lost tooth.
Tooth loss not only affects the patients’ self-confidence but also negatively impacts their oral health. Most healthy patients are eligible for a dental implant after an extraction and can benefit from its health and cosmetic benefits.
Health Benefits of Dental Implants
- Bone retention – It prevents the progression of bone loss caused by extraction and preserves your bone structure.
- Bite alignment – It fills the gap in your smile and keeps the remaining teeth in place.
- Comfortable and easy maintenance – Caring for a dental implant is the same as taking care of a natural tooth with brushing, flossing, and regular dental visits. It is also a fixed dental appliance that means you no longer need to replace it after several years.
- Healthy diet support – It does not require diet restrictions and brings back the joy of eating that once was lost due to tooth loss.
Cosmetic Benefits of Dental Implants
Typically, dental implants are not noticeable. We design each dental implant crown to match with your teeth, so it fits perfectly both in color and size.
Dental implants also provide extra stability and support beneficial for other dental procedures like dental bridges. It’s a permanent teeth-replacement solution that allows you to have a ‘natural-like tooth’ that does not decay.
prosthetics for an affordable solution that improves confidence and avoids embarrassing situations.
What to Expect When You Have Dental Implant Treatment
A dental implant is a procedure requiring oral surgery to replace the tooth roots with screw-like titanium and merge it to your jaw bone. The treatment process will depend on the condition of the jawbone and the type of dental implant.
The following procedures will take place when you decide to have dental implants treatment:
- Dental exam (Dental x-rays and 3D imaging)
- Medical history review and treatment plan
- Jawbone preparation
- Dental implant placement(artificial root)
- Bone growth stage(jawbone fusion to implant)
- Abutment and dental crown placement
The length of dental implants treatment may last for several months due to the waiting required for the bone cells to attach to the implant. On a good note, the long-term benefits of a dental implant are what make it worth the wait.
Contact Us for a Dental Implant Consultation
Learn how dental implants can improve your life by giving us a call. Dastrup Dental in Davidson not only offers dental implants for teeth replacement but also provides dental treatments for dentures, bridges, and crowns.
You may schedule an appointment with us to know which dental replacement procedure will work for you.